Monday, December 17, 2007

Reflecting

I've neglected this baby of a blog for the past couple of weeks. I just started work at a new baby boutique, Stylin' Mama Baby & Tot in Saint John NB. Some great products and working for a great business woman, Jenny Scott. It's been a lot of fun but in some ways I feel like I've been thrown into the fast lane. As with anything else, it's all about adjusting to new things.

Speaking of adjusting to new things, I am also in the process of reflecting on this past year. For those of you who don't know me, in the past year I left my marriage of 10 years, moved to a new city, and engaged in a struggle to find out more about myself and what I want out of life. Tall order. The struggle continues. It's a happy struggle more days than not, but there are those days when I wonder how I will get through the day. Then a friend calls or my kids say something wonderful or I just feel totally successful with something I've done and the smile returns.

I am looking forward to 2008. I still have some major changes I want to make in my life: returning to school, personal fitness, organizational skills, goal setting and attaining my dreams, becoming a better parent, looking at options to public school for my kids, completing my divorce, getting my finances on track, nourishing my spiritual needs and more.

It honestly doesn't seem like such a tall order for the woman who started the year with a jumbled heart and mind and is ending the year feeling strong and confident. I have learned some hard lessons this year and become acquainted with my demons. Going into 2008 I want to give them a big hug and let them know I love them, flaws and all. That I love ME, flaws and all. Here's to a smashing year :)

No comments: